World Climate March Privacy Notice
Welcome to the World Climate March, a virtual campaign to show your support for action at COP26, run by Oxfam Great Britain. When you pledge to join the World Climate March and submit photos and videos we will collect information about you. This privacy notice explains why, and what we do with your data.
If you want a more general Privacy Notice on Oxfam Great Britain’s activities, please refer to our general Privacy Notice (https://www.oxfam.org.uk/privacy-and-security/full-privacy-policy).
WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
We will collect:
• Email address
• Parental consent if you are under 18
• World Climate March photos
• World Climate March videos
WHY IS THIS PERSONAL DATA BEING COLLECTED?
We need this personal data for the following reasons:
- Your name, country and email address are needed to keep you up to date on how the campaign progresses. The legal basis for these campaign communications is consent. The legal basis for communications from relevant partner organisations is also consent.
- Your name, country and email address are needed to keep you informed of fundraising appeals of Oxfam and of relevant partner organisations. The legal basis for both communications is also consent.
- Gender, age, and country is needed for accountability as the World Climate March is being funded by the European Commission and we need to report on our gender, age, and country breakdowns for the project. This data is aggregated and not personally identifiable when reporting. The legal basis for processing accountability information is legitimate interest.
This campaign action is centred around the virtual and physical exhibition of photo and video submissions, and so without your consent to use your photos and videos, we will not be able to upload them, so we will not be able to include your submission in the campaign action.
HOW IS THE DATA BEING COLLECTED?
This data will be collected using the following methods:
- Your communications preferences and the above data will be collected by Oxfam and shared with partner organisations relevant to your location and campaign interests if you have consented to this. The relevant partner organisation is determined by how you arrived at the campaign website, e.g. if you clicked on a link in an email by a partner and you consent, we will share the above data with this partner organisation. If you did not click a tracked link, we will not share your data with a partner organisation.
- Accountability information is collected by Oxfam Great Britain. Oxfam GB will aggregate and anonymise accountability information to report to our donor, the European Commission.
- Photos and videos will be collected by Oxfam Great Britain.
HOW WILL THE INFORMATION BE USED?
Your data will be treated in the following way:
All the information you give us will be stored securely in Oxfam offices and IT systems and our contracted suppliers’ IT systems.
- Communications preferences will be kept until the World Climate March is complete, and then transferred to the partner organisations you have consented to hear from. Where consent has been given to use your information for contact about future campaigns, consent will be refreshed or expire after 2 years.
- Accountability information will be anonymised for Oxfam GB’s reporting to our donor, the European Commission.
- Photos and videos will be retained for 12 months after the end of the World Climate March. Photos and videos may be used in World Climate March promotional material.
If Oxfam Great Britain no longer needs personal information for the original purpose for which it was collected we will delete/destroy it in accordance with our data destruction procedures unless we have a legal obligation to retain personal information for a certain period.
This personal information will not be used for unsolicited newsletters or direct marketing.
WILL OXFAM SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
Your data will be shared with:
- Teams within Oxfam Great Britain which are relevant to your communication preferences, including campaigns, marketing and fundraising where you have consented.
- 89Up, the website supplier of Oxfam, in accordance with Oxfam Great Britain’s instructions and to our security and privacy standards.
- Relevant partner organisations of the World Climate March when participants have consented to future communications.
The same data protection regulation applies to Oxfam affiliates. Where Oxfam affiliates are outside the EEA, the transfer of data will occur under the protections of the European Commission's standard contractual clauses. You may ask to see a copy of these clauses.
HOW CAN I SEE WHAT INFORMATION YOU HAVE ABOUT ME?
If you have any further questions or comments concerning your privacy, wish to access your personal data held about you, delete, or update information we hold about you, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or Oxfam’s Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
You also have the right to see, update, restrict, object to the use of, or withdraw your data at any time and at no cost. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact Oxfam’s Data Protection Officer.
You have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to the processing of your data with the Information Commissioner’s Office, the public body responsible for information rights. More information can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk, or you can write to them at:
Information Commissioner's Office